BLM Rally organized by Corvallis Education Association - Friday @ 4 pm

1 view

Annette Mills

Jun 16, 2020, 12:29:44 AM6/16/20
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com, Education Action Team, health-and-human-s...@googlegroups.com

Peg Cornell has asked me to share the following message…

Dear Change Agents,

I wanted to invite you to an event organized by the Corvallis Education Association.

Who: All supporters of racial justice

What: Corvallis Educators' Black Lives Matter Rally

When: Friday June 19th (Juneteenth) 4-5 PM

Where: Benton County Courthouse

Here is more information about union support for Black Lives Matter from the Oregon Education Association website.

https://www.oregoned.org/about-oea/black-lives-matter/your-unions-response

Details of the event are still being finalized, but the focus will be on the voices of our students and staff. Please join us for this final event of the 2019-2020 school year.

Signs will be provided, but we also encourage you to make your own!

This is a family-friendly event.

Masks and social distancing will be the norm.

After the rally, please consider shopping downtown and/or visiting one of our local restaurants for dining in or take-out.

In solidarity,

Peg

Peg Cornell

CVHS Science Teacher

Covallie Education Association President