Next HHS team meeting - Thursday, 7/11

Mac Gillespie

Jun 28, 2019, 5:59:03 PM6/28/19
to Health and Human Services Action Team
Hi everyone-

The next Sustainability Coalition Health and Human Services Team meeting will be

Thursday, July 11
3:30pm
Annette Mills' House (228 NW 28th St)

We are currently focusing on outreach and engagement around preventing and mitigating the impacts of climate-induced wildfire smoke in our community.  We look forward to seeing you soon!

Mac

Mac Gillespie

Jul 10, 2019, 5:02:02 PM7/10/19
to Health and Human Services Action Team
Hi again!

Just a reminder that we're planning to meet tomorrow

Thursday, July 11
3:30pm
Annette Mills' House (228 NW 28th St)

Excited to further our planning wildfire smoke prevention and outreach!  We would love your help!

Thanks,
Mac

James Rodell

Jul 10, 2019, 6:40:34 PM7/10/19
to Mac Gillespie, health-and-human-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mac:

I bought a 3-M half-mask, two-filter, respirator (plus two extra P-100 filters) plus a simpler and cheaper P-100 filter (for extra back-up) from Mallory Safety Supply Company in Portland last Friday.  The manager showed me how to test the mask respirator without paying the $40+ for the certification test (either with smoke or banana oil).  The more deluxe respirator has a front piece made of the more durable silicone rather than rubber, which Mallory says is more likely to crack over time.  Before we meet, I may swing by Robnett's again to see how my purchase compares (price-wise and materials used) with the variety of P-100's they sell.

I have emailed, left voice mails, and a hand-written request left at the fire station for Dave Busby.  I asked to meet with him before our meeting, plus one of my messages invited him to attend our meeting tomorrow.  No response to date.

We're lucky that no lingering forest fire smoke has blanketed the area so far.

See you at Dave and Annette's.

James Paul

--
——————
Health & Human Services Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: All residents enjoy a positive state of health including physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/health-human-services/
---

Ellery Lewis

Jul 11, 2019, 1:13:03 PM7/11/19
to Mac Gillespie, Health and Human Services Action Team
Hi,  unfortunately I  won't be able to make it to the meeting this time because I'm out of town. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next time!

Ellery