"Living without Shelter" TONIGHT 7/17/24 at 7 pm

Annette Mills

Jul 17, 2024, 11:21:01 AM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to sustainabl...@googlegroups.com, sustainable-corva...@googlegroups.com, Housing_A...@googlegroups.com, health-and-human-s...@googlegroups.com, community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com

“Living without Shelter: Myths & Realities” will feature a conversation about the reality of extreme poverty and the crisis of housing in Corvallis and across our country. Panelists will focus on the root causes of houselessness, address the myths and realities of living without shelter, and share the unique work of Unity Shelter in our community. Panelists will also discuss ways our community might engage in advocacy around true community wellness. Panelists include:

·     Shawn Collins, Executive Director of Unity Shelter

·     Moksha Mokma, Unity Shelter Board Member and former staff

·     Jacob Burwell, Traditional Health Worker, Unity Shelter

·     Rev. Jennifer Butler, Unity Shelter Board Member

This event will be held at the First Congregational Church (4515 West Hills Road), which is also the location of the Safe Camp microshelter village that is operated by Unity Shelter.

Don’t miss this important community discussion!

image001.png