Why companies must hire interns?

manishj...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2024, 2:19:37 AMFeb 23
to Headstart Network

Hi All,

As a startup, we always face a liquidity-induced manpower crunch. But, at an early stage, even though manpower gets added arithmetically, the result grows geometrically.

Interns are a solution to this problem. MBA programs have a mandatory 2-3 months internship as part of the curriculum. Students also earn credit by completing their internship whereas an incomplete internship can push them back by a year. Therefore MBA students take internships with utmost seriousness.

Post your requirements here for FREE https://www.recruiter.careercarve.in

A fresh MBA from say ranked 25-50 college in India would expect a lac or more per month. But the same person during their internship would happily work at say 20-40k a month and also turn around much more in the limited time they have. So, cost-wise too, an intern makes a lot of sense.

Many times, younger companies end up compromising on the quality of manpower due to budget constraints. For ex. – Company A hires a compromised quality executive by paying 40,000 a month.  The recruit does a shoddy job and after 3-6 months, company asks the executive to resign. This turns into a vicious cycle over time.

Instead, my advice to the company would be to hire 2 interns from good colleges for 2-3 months at an average stipend of 25k per month (so a total of 50k) from good colleges. They will prove much more productive. To add to this productivity, the company can ask both interns to contribute remotely (10-12 hours a week) before and after the actual internship at no additional cost.

Additionally, if the company likes them, they can also offer a pre-placement offer to have a tried and tested candidate onboard.

We, CareerCarve, are connected to multiple MBA colleges across the country due to the nature of the work we do. We can help you hire interns very efficiently. Post your requirements at https://www.recruiter.careercarve.in

NOTE: There is no charge/commission/fees for hiring through our platform.

Please feel free to reply to clarify any doubts or concerns

Regards,

Manish Jha, CareerCarve