Q value

parth shettiwar

Mar 29, 2020, 4:22:26 AM3/29/20
to HDR VDP
Hello,
I was just testing the HDR-VDP2 on two HDR images, and I am always getting the Q value = 100. Is that correct? Should I perform any normalisation or any sort of pre-processing on the .png images before running the code
Also could you please tell what exactly are the value reported in various research papers which use HDR-VDP2, since we get 5 different outputs. Namely Pmap, Pdet, Cmap, Cdet and Q.

Awaiting a quick response
Thanks
Parth Shettiwar

Rafal

Mar 29, 2020, 11:47:57 AM3/29/20
to HDR VDP
On Sunday, 29 March 2020 09:22:26 UTC+1, parth shettiwar wrote:
I was just testing the HDR-VDP2 on two HDR images, and I am always getting the Q value = 100. Is that correct? Should I perform any normalisation or any sort of pre-processing on the .png images before running the code

I have just uploaded HDRVDP-2.2.2, which includes a few examples showing how to run the metric on HDR and SDR images. Perhaps these examples can answer your question. If the predictions still do not look right, the best is to post an example of test and reference imges that cause the problem.

Also could you please tell what exactly are the value reported in various research papers which use HDR-VDP2, since we get 5 different outputs. Namely Pmap, Pdet, Cmap, Cdet and Q.

When reporting results in the paper, I strongly recommend mentioning which predictor was used. Unfortunately not every paper does it.

Each predictor has a different purpose. They are all documented in hdrvdp.m.

The text from the home page:

"
If you find the metric useful, please cite the paper below and include the version number, for example, "HDR-VDP-2.2.2 [Mantiuk et al., 2013]". Mention also which predictor (Q, Q_MOS, P_det, etc.) is reported in your paper. The version number should be included in order to make sure that your results can be reproduced. As new data sets become available, we will be updating the HDR-VDP-2 code and its calibration parameters and releasing new versions, but the older version will still be available for download. The HDR-VDP-2 version can be queried by calling the function hdrvdp_version. It will return a fractional number, such as 2.21, which should be interpreted as release 2.2.1.
"

Parth Shettiwar

Mar 29, 2020, 5:55:41 PM3/29/20
to hdr...@googlegroups.com
Works!
Thanks a lot,
Would surely cite the paper if we get good results.