Migen question

bob mcgrath

Jun 6, 2018, 11:30:48 PM6/6/18
to hdmi2usb - A HDMI capture solution
I have a question about migen, mysoc, litex or whatever.  Does migen code run on its own as python without having to be compiled into verilog for an FPGA?

Rohit Kumar Singh

Jun 7, 2018, 1:23:19 AM6/7/18
to hdmi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

No, migen/misoc/litex code needs to be converted into verilog if you need to synthesize it and run it on FPGA. For simple simulation cases, migen can directly simulate the code without converting it into verilog.

Here are some helpful resources on Migen:

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM, bob mcgrath <bobwm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a question about migen, mysoc, litex or whatever.  Does migen code run on its own as python without having to be compiled into verilog for an FPGA?

bob mcgrath

Jun 7, 2018, 11:04:07 PM6/7/18
to hdmi2usb - A HDMI capture solution
I believe the vocabulary word I was looking for was native compilation: where the same software source code can be used to generate software or hardware.  Do you know anything about openGL or vivado HLS?  Somebody also suggested PyMTL and Pydgin.