Talks on recording talks?

Bruno Wolff III

Feb 16, 2019, 6:41:35 AM2/16/19
to hdmi...@googlegroups.com
Have there been any talks about how to set up a system for recording talks
using the Tim Videos suite? (I'm hoping that LCA or CCC had one on how they
make their videos and live stream their events.)

I haven't seen overall documentation about how you might set up a test
system with a live camera feed (or two), slide output from a laptop (that
might route to a projector or simulated projector) and produce a live stream
that can be watched from the network and capture stuff that could be watched
(or edited) later.

In order to play with my capture device after it arrives I think I want to
try out using it to assist with capturing presentations and want to be
able to simulate that environment.

Nathan Garver-Daniels

Feb 16, 2019, 6:57:26 AM2/16/19
to hdmi...@googlegroups.com
There is some useful info on the debconf wiki:

Kyle Robbertze

Feb 16, 2019, 7:16:27 AM2/16/19
to hdmi...@googlegroups.com
DebConf documents their setup here: https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/

There's a step-by-step guide for a basic setup and description of how to grow that to several rooms and distributed streaming.

Cheers
Kyle

Carl Karsten

Feb 16, 2019, 1:11:32 PM2/16/19
to hdmi...@googlegroups.com
We do want a video on this, but generally the people who should make it are busy making videos of all the talks ;)

The good news is you are my target audience for a Quick Start docs and script that is in review.
I'll link to it once it lands in master. If you want to play with it now, ping me in #timvideos and we can talk about it's current state (should work, but...)

Carl K