GSoC 2018 : Add hardware mixing support to HDMI2USB firmware , Nancy Chauhan

Nancy Chauhan

May 4, 2018, 9:29:18 AM5/4/18
to hdmi2usb - A HDMI capture solution

Hello everyone,

I am Nancy Chauhan, third year undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Information and Technology in Una, India

My project is titled “Add hardware mixing support to HDMI2USB firmware”

The HDMI2USB firmware serial interface has the ability to specify that an output is the combination of two inputs. Currently the hardware mixer block supports real time mixing of two inputs with fade in and fade out effects. The initial aim of this project is to include more dynamic changes like wipes, crossfade, etc. It also aims to provide additional options to pad, crop, and scale video resolutions which don't match the internal video modes.

Then I aim to implement the Gamma Correction Hardware. This is required to encode and decode the image pixel values. It converts the image pixels from gamma space to linear space, because all mixing should be done in linear space as algorithms expect pixel data with linearly encoded light intensities. Required computations will be performed in linear space and after that a linear to gamma converter block will convert the signals back to gamma space, ready for streaming to the display port.

Project Proposal

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dHmtqpq0FlInWqjQK2ZIVZaIr_sruxjEvj57Od5_vak/edit

GSoC Progress Blog

https://gsoc2018nancy.wordpress.com/

RSS feed

https://gsoc2018nancy.wordpress.com/feed/

Github

https://github.com/Nancy-Chauhan

About me

I am interested in Digital Design and Embedded Systems. The idea of contributing to open source hardware community and how we can bring improvement in hardware development community together is amazing. I like Graphic Designing and Video Editing and sometimes I do freelancing.

Contact Details

Email Address : nanc...@gmail.com

IRC Nickname : nancy