GSoC 2018: Create a generic debug interface for soft-CPU core (or1k) and connect it to GDB- Shivam Aggarwal

SHIVAM AGGARWAL

May 4, 2018, 2:17:26 AM5/4/18
to timv...@googlegroups.com, openso...@lists.librecores.org, hdmi...@googlegroups.com, open...@lists.librecores.org

Hi everyone,

I am Shivam Aggarwal and have been selected for Google Summer of Code 2018 to work with TimVideos. for the project “Create a generic debug interface for soft-CPU core (or1k) and connect it to GDB”.

Project Description

The aim of this project is to create a run-control debug system for soft CPU core (or1k) used in HDMI2USB/LiteX firmware and add GDB to the system using Open SoC Debug Project.

The Open SoC Debug (OSD) is an extensible, modular specification which enhances SoCs with debug and tracing functionality. Currently, it supports trace debugging and provides internal system access. As part of this project, run-control debugging specific module, i.e. CDM module and gdb-server bridge will be added to OSD. This will allow us to temporarily suspend the software execution on the SoC. The control over the execution flow is then handed over to GDB (GNU Debugger).

The second phase of the project is to integrate the OpenSoCDebug into HDMI2USB/Litex firmware. It will help in debugging the running code on Litex firmware, eg. issues encountered while running Linux on the real hardware.

Project Proposal

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M21W42uv5V8WvFqq2yd9UiY7CVC8CUBYiLz9Zh2wg64/edit?usp=sharing

GSoC Progress Blog

https://gsoc2018timvideos.wordpress.com/

RSS feed

https://gsoc2018timvideos.wordpress.com/feed/

Github

https://github.com/shivmgg

About me

I am Shivam Aggarwal, sophomere at IIIT Delhi. My interests include embedded systems, tinkering with hardware (mostly FPGAs) and Digital Design. My hobbies include graphic designing (posters, logos, T-shirts, etc.) and playing cricket. I am also a big Marvel fan.

Contact Details

Mobile No. 8800703950

Email Id : shiva...@iiitd.ac.in

        shivam...@gmail.com