Newcomer Intro and Can't build TMDS Encoding repo

Yetizone

Oct 5, 2019, 3:18:06 AM10/5/19
to hdmi2usb - A HDMI capture solution
Hello !

I'm a student interested in contributing to the HDMI2USB project.

I was looking through the comments of this issue https://github.com/timvideos/getting-started/issues/7
I saw Tim's comment about getting started so I watched the talk about "Dissecting HDMI".

Next up, I wanted to try and contribute to the TMDS repository.

So I git cloned the repo and ran make, but I got this error:

$ make
tools/configurator/configurator cc -g3 -ggdb -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wundef -DCCAN_STR_DEBUG=1 > config.h \
	|| rm -f config.h
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
cc -g3 -ggdb -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wundef -DCCAN_STR_DEBUG=1 -I. -MMD -std=c11  -c ccan/tap/tap.c  -o ccan/tap/tap.o
ccan/tap/tap.c:26:10: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory
 #include "config.h"
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:28: ccan/tap/tap.o] Error 1

The config.h file is included in a manner which suggests it's a user-created file inside ccan/tap but as the error suggests it's not there :)