HDDSuperClone - repair log?

angel...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2016, 8:58:08 PM10/14/16
to HDDSuperClone & HDDSuperTool Discussion Forum
Have tried out your new HDDSuperClone tool and actually had quite good results vs ddrescue however I recently had an issue. Cloning of a drive had slowed down significantly so attempted to stop it (CTRL+C)  and restart it in reverse mode but when I try to resume I now get the message:
Same status found on line 4065
etc, etc:
Same status found on line 65342
exitcode= 2  othercode= 5
There were errors found in the progress log file, now exiting.

This drive is in very poor health and cloning was at 83% after over a week of runtime so I hate the thought of having to start over. Is there a way to repair the log? Why did this happen?

I have performed an identical operation with ddrescue hundreds of times without ever ending up with a corrupt log file.

Thanks for any suggestions and for your work on this great tool.

Scott Dwyer

Oct 15, 2016, 7:25:32 AM10/15/16
to HDDSuperClone & HDDSuperTool Discussion Forum
You can use the --repair-log option to repair the log and keep going with the recovery.

There is a small bug that causes this condition to happen. There is no loss in the log file integrity, so you don't need to worry about corruption or losing anything. This bug will be fixed in the next release, but until then you can keep using the --repair-log option.

Scott Dwyer

Oct 15, 2016, 6:23:18 PM10/15/16
to HDDSuperClone & HDDSuperTool Discussion Forum
HDDSuperClone version 1.3 has now been released, and it should fix the issue with the log file errors.

angel...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2016, 6:01:58 PM10/17/16
to HDDSuperClone & HDDSuperTool Discussion Forum
Great, that worked, thanks.