Epic Systems New data visualization product

da...@epicsyst.com

Aug 16, 2009, 5:28:25 AM8/16/09
to HCI Engineering
Dear Sir,

Epic Systems has developed a Data Visualization software “Trend
Compass”. It is an extension to Gapminder which was invented by a
Swedish Professor. You can view it :
www.gapminder.org

It is a new concept in viewing statistics and trends in an animated
way and displaying 4 axis instead of just the traditional X and Y
axis. It could be used in analysis, research, presentation etc.

Here are some links :

- A project we did with Princeton University on US unemployment :
http://www.epicsyst.com/main3.swf
A 3 minutes video presentation of above by Professor Alan Krueger
Bendheim Professor of Economics and Public Affairs at Princeton
University :
http://epicsyst.com/trendcompass/princeton.aspx?home=1

- US Population from 2004 till 2030 for ages 0 – 83 focus on Baby
Boomers and turn the Trails off (uncheck)
http://www.epicsyst.com/Pop/Babyboomer.swf

- April 2008 Media Monitoring on Cars and Beverages TV ads (ads
Duration vs. Repetitions (occurrences) per Day over time) :
http://www.epicsyst.com/ads/cars.swf
http://www.epicsyst.com/ads2/bev.swf

- Ads Monitoring on TV Satellite Channels during April 2008. Pick
Duration (Ads daily duration) vs. Repeat (Ads repetition per day).
http://www.epicsyst.com/ads3/allchannels.swf

Next one is my favorite it covers a lot (change the X and Y
coordinates) and it accumulates his earnings too, 43 Million USD :
http://www.epicsyst.com/sampras/sampras1.swf

Latest financial links on the Central Bank of Egypt like the Federal
Reserve Bank in US :

http://www.epicsyst.com/trendcompass/samples/balance-sheet
http://www.epicsyst.com/trendcompass/samples/banks-deposits-by-maturity/
http://www.epicsyst.com/trendcompass/samples/currency-by-denomination/
http://www.epicsyst.com/trendcompass/samples/egyptian-banks/
http://www.epicsyst.com/trendcompass/samples/tourism/

I hope you could evaluate it and give me your comments. So many ideas
are there.

You can test the software by uploading data on our website and
getting the corresponding Flash charts. This is for a limited number
of users. You can also download a trial version. It has a feature to
export EXE,PPS,HTML and AVI files. The most impressive is the AVI
since you can record Audio/Video for the charts you create.

http://epicsyst.com/trendcompass/FreeVersion/TrendCompassv1.2_DotNet.zip

All the best.

Eng. David Emad Said
System Engineer