1 view

Hamilton Blues Society NZ

Nov 11, 2022, 6:29:39 AM11/11/22
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Blues Lovers!

Our Thursday Night Blues went very well last night - we enjoyed listening to some new, and very talented members - finally some faces we hadn't seen for a while.  It was good to see people supporting HBS NZ by bringing their subs up-to-date at the door too. ;-)

Next week we have the Paint & Vines Workshop at the Union, formerly known as the Don Llewellyn Sports Bar.  The details are all on Eventfinda and our Facebook page (click the link above) Hamilton Blues Society NZ (you must put the NZ bit in otherwise you'll be looking at HBS Ontario)Friday 18 November doors open from 7pm.

Paint and Vine.jpg

Grant Haua is currently on his Awa NZ Tour and appears before us at Biddy's on Thursday 1 December, doors open at 7pm. This is a ticketed event and Grant is supported by JT + Agnostics.  Tickets can be purchased from Shearers Music Works in Anglesea Street as follows: Pre-purchase tickets are $20 Members or $25 Non-Members, with a $30 Door Charge on the nightTickets will also be available at the Paint and Vines Workshop. BRING CASH

Grant_Haua_Concert22.jpg

On the following Sunday, Auckland Blues Music Club are having their Annual Auckland City Mission Charity Fundraiser Concert.  Some great acts are performing at this event. Sunday 4 December, starting at 2pm, at the Harlequin Bar & Restaurant.

abmc fundraiser.jpg

On the same Sunday, HBS NZ hosts Wizard and Oz performing from 2pm at The Union, supported by JT + Agnostics. Tickets are available through Eventfinda with a member discount. This is a joint promotion with the Hamilton Blues and Jazz Societies.  Doors open at 1pm.

Wizard_Oz_2022.jpg

BIG NEWS:

Finally, the big event this month is the NZ Blues and BBQs Festival in Rotorua between 25-27 November 2022. Quite a few well known bands and musicians associated with HBS NZ will be appearing, including:  The Dirty Tones, Theory 89, The Blues News, Shotgun, Kokomo, Robert Lock Loaded, Rehaab and Lazy Fifty just to name a few.

Line-Up_2022.png

ALERT: BOP Blues Club has just announced a Discount Code worth $20 to members when booking tickets -'BOPBSPECIAL'.  Take that short road trip and support our musicians. Get your tickets by clicking this link here

Discount_Code.jpg

That's all folks, till our new format Newsletter comes out at the end of the month.

Stay true, keep blue!

Brigite Kimber for the Committee
Don't forget to LIKE all of our posts on Facebook - Hamilton Blues Society NZ