AUGUST/SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER & SOME REMINDERS

1 view

secretary hambluesnz

Jul 31, 2022, 4:11:32 PM7/31/22
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blues Lovers

The latest newsletter is attached
Do read and enjoy this wonderful newsletter - there are all sorts of goodies tucked inside. A big thank you to Cara Graham our newsletter Editor who I think has done a fabulous job putting this together.

International Blues Music Day / Weekend
We have an exciting weekend coming up on 6 & 7 August with International Blues Music Day. HBS official gigs are at Biddy's but we also have members running IBMD events at Pirongia and Te Aroha, so Blues Lovers are spoiled for choice this weekend. We are blessed to have so many talented local and supporting bands within the Hamilton Blues Society. Here's to a great weekend everybody!

Post-Covid awakenings...
We are starting to see a drift of people returning to HBS Thursday Night Blues which is heartening. I'm beginning to get the Membership list back in order after the two years of pandemic disruptions. The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March. It is understandable that some people have allowed their membership to lapse given that we weren't allowed out / were restricted for so long, but great to see more people signing back up with their mere $20 for a year's membership.

HBS events coming up - another reminder
Saturday   6 August International Blues Music Day @ Biddy's from 1pm - FREE. Also tickets for the Toni Swain concert will be available at the door.
Sunday     7 August Toni Swain in Concert with our very own Maciek on guitar.  Darcy Perry, Rob Lock and Daron MacDonald as a supporting band.
                  Door charge applies $15 for club members, $20 for non members. Starts at 5.00 p.m. so not a late night, come on down and enjoy!
Thursday 11 August Thursday Night Blues with special guests - The Dale Robbins Band
Sunday    28 August Sunday Arvo Blues in Biddy's back bar
Thursday   8 September Thursday Blues Night
Sunday    25 September Sunday Arvo Blues - starting at 1pm

Warmest regards to all

Chrissy Thomasen
SECRETARY
HAMILTON BLUES SOCIETY NZ
Phone: 021 786 241
Promoting, playing and enjoying Blues music in the Waikato!

AugSep_2022.pdf