POSTPONEMENT OF SGM AND UPCOMING EVENTS

secretary hambluesnz

Jul 28, 2022, 5:07:33 AM7/28/22
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blues Lovers

SGM pushed out to 8 September
Well the deadline for more committee nominations was today and no one has sent me an email. In light of that and with quite a bit happening in August we suggest postponing the Special General Meeting (scheduled for 11 Aug) until the following month - Thursday 8 September 2022 at 6pm. If you think this is a good idea please reply with an affirmative response.

Meanwhile a reminder of upcoming HBS events:
To celebrate International Blues Music Day/weekend we have:
  • Saturday 6 August in Biddy's Front Bar - 1pm Fat Maxx,  2pm The Dirty Tones,  3pm Rehaab,  4pm Darcy, Rob, Daron & Co.
    This event is FREE and local, though a gold coin in the hat helps the Blues Society keep running. All bands are well worth the visit.
  • Sunday 7 August in Biddy's Back Bar - Toni Swain (from Australia) in concert from 5pm - 7pm, followed by Darcy, Rob, Daron & Co.for the last hour. Tickets are only $15 if you're an HBS paid up Club member, or $20 if not.
    "Fabulous rhythm and blues diva Toni Swain has been described as “world class” and “sophisticated”,
    with an incredible voice, and music that “defies categorization”
    Be sure not to miss this special event!
    Tickets will be available to pre-purchase on Saturday 6th from the door and also available on the night, but places are limited.
Other Blues Events include:
  • Thursday 11 August in Biddy's Back Bar - Our regular Blues Club night but with a twist! From 7.30 - 8.30 we have The Dale Robbins Band from Australia, then from 8.30 onward our regular whiteboard slots. Those who want to jam with Garry Spain can form groups on the whiteboard, just for this particular night it's a slight change to our usual format.
  • Friday 12 - Sunday 15 August  - Of course it's the Bay of Islands Blues Festival in Paihia and Russell, where two of our HBS bands - The River Rockers (Byron Steenson) and Latitude Blues Band (Dave Wilkinson) will be performing.
  • Sunday 28 August - Another Sunday afternoon blues at Biddys, details will be forthcoming. Do keep an eye on the Hamilton Blues Society Facebook Page for all upcoming events.
I hope everyone has a fabulous Bluesy August!

Chrissy Thomasen
SECRETARY
HAMILTON BLUES SOCIETY NZ
Phone: 021 786 241
Promoting, playing and enjoying Blues music in the Waikato!