FUN STUFF THIS THURSDAY NIGHT! READ ON...

secretary hambluesnz

Aug 8, 2022, 2:55:44 AM8/8/22
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com
Dear Blues Lovers

Well what a weekend we've had with Blues Music being celebrated in Te Aroha, Hamilton and Pirongia and good crowds at each venue. It just goes to show how loved blues music is and the great network of musical friendships we have going on through the Hamilton Blues Society.
The fun doesn't stop for those who are heading up to Paihia for the Bay of Islands Jazz and Blues Festival this coming weekend.

BLUES CLUB NIGHT THIS THURSDAY

  • Dale Robbins band from Australia will be playing for the first hour - come early and be in for a treat! Whiteboard slots will follow after that.
  • Another treat will be Lisa, a stand up comedian who has just joined HBS, hopefully doing a little spot in between bands.
  • We are currently raffling T shirts and Hoodies so do bring along a little cash! The sparkly hat also enjoys being fed little gold coins.
  • FACEBOOK - A lucky Facebook viewer can win Toni Swain's latest CD simply by:
  1. Liking the HBS Facebook page
  2. Liking the post
  3. Putting their own name in the comments
THE WINNER WILL BE DRAWN ON THURSDAY NIGHT.
Also on the HBS Facebook page (and other local Blues pages) are images and videos from the weekend's events. Liking and sharing these helps to spread the word - ever noticed how Facebook likes to tell you which of your friends liked certain things?
And coming up on Sunday 28 Aug is our Sunday afternoon blues.

Finally, the committee could do with a few volunteers to come down on Thursday night/s once a month to help set up the stage and gear. If you're keen to learn this we are keen to show you how! Set up begins two hours before the gig, so if you can make it down to Biddy's at 5 p.m. let me know, and I'll see you there.

Chrissy Thomasen
SECRETARY
HAMILTON BLUES SOCIETY NZ
Phone: 021 786 241
Promoting, playing and enjoying Blues music in the Waikato!