Brief Bio from Derek Hartley in support of his role as Chair HBS NZ.

Hamilton Blues Society NZ

May 20, 2022, 8:54:24 PM5/20/22
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com

Howdy fellow HBS members.

So with the pending AGM not too far away, I thought it was a good idea for me to let you know what I am thinking and why I have got my hand up for the chair.

Many of you will already know me and so have a very good understanding of my style- I can't really explain that in this text!

What I am about is working with others to get the best for the club and its members. If elected to the chair I will be bringing a strong focus to collaboration, maximising benefits for us as members, and providing the best opportunities to play, listen to and enjoy music.  All underpinned by a ‘groovy cool culture’.

I also see some great opportunities in the near future that we can leverage but all this is totally reliant on having significant help from others. So as I hold my hand up for this position I hope many others are thinking of helping out in the same way. The club needs a whole lot more support than a small core group of 10 or 11 people.

If you would like to quiz me further feel free to call me on 0292884898 or email me at derekh...@xtra.co.nz

Cheers

Derek Hartley

Forwarded to all HBS NZ by: