HBS NZ Newsletter October/November 2022

Hamilton Blues Society NZ

Oct 5, 2022, 4:22:10 PM10/5/22
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com
Dear members and supporters

Attached please find the latest Newsletter.  The December-January edition will have far more detail on the festivals planned for 2023.

Vacancy:

We have a vacancy on the Committee for a Secretary.  If you think you can provide the secretarial role for HBS NZ then do not hesitate to ask Dean for a little more detail on what is entailed.  Briefly the role requires working with the Chair to create the agenda for Committee meetings, recording and typing the minutes, keeping the membership informed, maintaining the membership lists, and helping out with Events. The two most frequent events being: Thursday Night Blues and Sunday Arvo Blues which occur monthly. Just to highlight the fact that timing is everything with events, although each event is open to the public for four hours (say), there is a set-up time before followed by a pack-down time at the end, helpers need to help for six to seven hours per event. And of course the position is voluntary.

And of course, we are interested in any other skills that you may have such as multi-media production, video production, etc, etc. Contact Dean if interested: 021 057 3212

Quick Competition/Draw:
ImPerfect Offering, the NZ Leonard Cohen tribute band has a simple draw for a double pass to their concert at the Gallagher Academy of Performing Arts at the Uni this Sunday 9 October.  Check HBS NZ Facebook page, 'Like' the post and add a 'Comment' identifying the person you intend to take. The random draw will occur Friday Night.

I must apologise to you all for the delay getting this Newsletter to you.

Dean
Dean McGaveston
HBS Chair
Mobile: 021 057 3212