Report: HBS AGM Thursday 13 May 2021

1 view

Hamilton Blues Society NZ

May 15, 2021, 7:42:03 PM5/15/21
to hbs-mail...@googlegroups.com, Sarahlene Smith, nigel...@slingshot.co.nz, mcnei...@gmail.com
Dear HBS Members

Very pleased to report that the AGM progressed smoothly.

Annual Report from the Chair - accepted;
Annual Financial Report - accepted (but subject to audit);
Election of Officer Cara Graham as HBS Secretary confirmed;
Election of Committee members Gayl de Boer and Ann Hamblin confirmed;
Vote of appreciation for Huw Alderman stepping down from the HBS Event Manager's role (carried);
Two special votes for Honorary Membership - Garry Spain and Phil Walsh (unanimously carried);
From the floor, John Ollerneshaw moved a vote of thanks to Dean McGaveston and Huw Alderman to recognise the effort put into organising events for the Hamilton Blues society NZ (carried);
Disciplinary matter - Derek Hartley moved that any disciplinary matters should be handled by the Committee in the future, since the Committee has the necessary power and instruments under the HBS Constitution to deal with such departures (carried).

Thank you to those who came and helped on the day, especially Gleniss Kehely for helping Cara on the door.

Check our Facebook page:- Hamilton Blues Society NZ
Have a look at our website:- hbs.org.nz
Email us either through the website, or at hamilto...@gmail.com

What is coming next:- Sunday Arvo Blues 23 May 2021 which includes presentations of Certificates to our Honorary Members: Sönke, Wiebke, Garry and Phil.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page.

Dean McGaveston
HBS Chair
Mobile: 021 057 3212