Seriously

Pito Salas

Jul 10, 2024, 8:10:05 PM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

What I can I do to contribute back to this organization that has been so helpful and supportive? I’ve not been to the live meetings because they would be quite late for me. I am in Boston, so 7pm would be 10pm start time for me. Also I have never paid a membership which I would be glad to do. But what else? I could do a presentation about teaching robotics at Brandeis if that would be interesting, or on a different topic that I might know something useful about. I could do it some live meeting at 7pm your time, no problem.

But whatever, I feel like I would like to contribute back.

Pito

Albert Margolis

Jul 10, 2024, 8:20:33 PM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the offer. I'll let Camp and Stephen dig in regarding any
details of a talk but I want to chime in with what I would personally
like to learn about.

I'd like to know what sorts of things you are teaching to your
students, what else they are learning about robotics in the overall
program and especially what your students go on to do in their
careers. I used to feel like I knew a lot about what students learned
in engineering programs and what typical young engineer career paths
looked like. My guess is that my knowledge is significantly out of
date.

- Al Margolis

Stephen Williams

Jul 11, 2024, 12:12:32 AM (7 days ago) Jul 11
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the interest Pito!  I agree with Al: An explanation of the state of the art of what is taught, how well it works, and what people are able to go off to do with it would be interesting.  And teaching some of the most interesting parts of that could be interesting as well, even if it is just a preview to pull people in.

What time frame would you be interested in being ready for?  The end of July meeting perhaps?

Thanks!
Stephen

--

Stephen D. Williams
Founder: VolksDroid, Blue Scholar Foundation

Pito Salas

Jul 11, 2024, 7:33:22 AM (7 days ago) Jul 11
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Great! End of July is fine in principle. What is the exact day and time?

Pito Salas
Computer Science
Brandeis Univeristy