Robot fairy delivered something today!

Scott Monaghan

Jan 4, 2022, 6:13:15 PM1/4/22
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Scott Monaghan

Jan 4, 2022, 6:24:40 PM1/4/22
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Gmail

Jan 4, 2022, 7:17:15 PM1/4/22
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

Thomas

-
Want to learn more about ROBOTS?

On Jan 4, 2022, at 3:24 PM, Scott Monaghan <scott.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

Fun:
<image.png>

Teeny Tiny:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 5:12 PM Scott Monaghan <scott.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
<image_123927839.JPG>

Steve " 'dillo" Okay

Jan 5, 2022, 10:15:50 AM1/5/22
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
Nice!
Mine showed up at our mbox on the 24th, just in time for Christmas Eve :)
I'm not sure if I'm going to put it on Tenacity or another robot-to-be.
'dillo

Chris Albertson

Jan 5, 2022, 1:24:29 PM1/5/22
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Some of you got these cheap by preordering.  But there sell now for $150.  Even that price is outstandingly good.    You could implement this yourself with a Pi4 but you spend as much, or more,  and have a bigger package that uses more power.

Now if only my robot project would progress.  I spent about 8 hours yesterday and did not like the result and so I'm tossing it and starting over again with some other ideas.

I'm learning some non-intuitive things about walking.   With a multi-wheeled vehicle, you are more stable with the weight low to the ground.  But if you walk, it is best to have the weight up higher.   The reason is that if you lift a foot you always then have to lean away from the gifted foot to maintain balance.  If the weight is higher you have to lean less.  On the other side of that coin is that if you fail to lean you are less off balance if the weight is higher.

Point is, it will be a long time before I need one of these cameras.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California