HBRC Business Meeting Minutes

camp .

Sep 1, 2021, 10:56:12 PM9/1/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
Notes from our Wednesday, September 1, 2021, HBRC Business Meeting:

    HBRC September General Meeting is set with 19th Annual HBRC Challenge Phase III. Post pictures, videos, and words about your robot on the mailing list. Get people to commit during the week to organize the show better. Not everyone has seen your robot demo. It's okay to show the same robot from last month. We talked about certificationating "Run-What-Ya-Brung!"

    Outreach to youth (fresh meat). Camp and Al commit to contacting schools. Let them know we are here monthly on Zoom. We are looking for kids interested in robotics.

    Alan Federman suggested a paid ad in SERVO to get the news about our meetings in the events calendar.

    In regards to Silicon Valley Block Party: To be clear to participate in the "Silicon Valley Robot Block Party" as a member of the HomeBrew Robotics Club, you actually need to be a member of the HomeBrew Robotics Club and here is where you join: https://www.hbrobotics.org/index.php/membership-and-dues/   It's only $10 at which point you automatically become a member and can have a profile on the Builder's Page: https://www.hbrobotics.org/index.php/builders-page/   This is not about the club earning money! The HBRC is an official California unincorporated association. This provides some liability protection in the case of a robot accident.

    Transition the SV-ROS SIG to the Tuesday ROS Discussion  Group.

    We talked about circulating the presentation survey more.

    Chris Mayer is going to head up an HBRC presence at the Robot Block Party.

- Camp