19th Annual HBRC Challenge Phase III, Wed September 29 at 7PM Pacific Time

camp .

Sep 10, 2021, 4:17:18 PM9/10/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
    It is a good weekend for robot-building. I'll just place these images from the March HBRC Challenge Phase I riiight here: https://www.hbrobotics.org/index.php/2021/04/04/hbrc-challenge-event-2021-phase-i/

You have been bugged.  ;-)

Thanks,
Camp

camp .

Sep 14, 2021, 8:36:37 PM9/14/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
    Thanks to Mark Johnston and Ralph Hipps for volunteering... who else? I see some plans for the Robot Block Party on Sat, October 23. Folks who are preparing for that should be able to show what they're working on. Please respond to this email on list or me off list. This helps us organize the show. Tell us what you're working on with a photo or perhaps a video. The cool thing about this September is there are 5 Wednesdays! Yes, that's right you will have an extra week to work on your creation.

Challenges

Thanks,
Camp

Kevin Chow

Sep 14, 2021, 9:29:20 PM9/14/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
I would like to show (or I guess in my case... reshow) my Hexbug robot, which, in the previous challenge meeting, was just referred to as "Red", as I didn't have a special name for it.  It's also the same robot I presented in the Reddit robotics showcase (and, at the time of this post, is currently the avatar of the robotics subreddit and the corresponding Discord server).

During the previous challenge meeting, I just had my robot walk... and then fall apart because it faceplanted.  During the presentation I gave during the Reddit robotics showcase, I had my robot do a simple "detect if distance is too close and then turn left" kind of demo with a Realsense camera.  So I'll try to see if I can get my robot to do something a little more by the time of the next challenge meeting.  As for what that "little more" is... I'm not entirely sure as of now.

camp .

Sep 14, 2021, 9:43:49 PM9/14/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
> I would like to show (or I guess in my case... reshow) my Hexbug robot...

Maintenance is progress.

Thanks,
Camp

Gmail

Sep 15, 2021, 5:27:04 AM9/15/21
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Can I hitch a ride with someone  going from the LA area? I can chip in for gas.

Thomas

-
Want to learn more about ROBOTS?

camp .

Sep 15, 2021, 7:06:21 AM9/15/21
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, Gmail
Can I hitch a ride with someone  going from the LA area? I can chip in for gas.

I assume you're talking about the Robot Block Party as the HBRC Challenge is Zoomed. And I'm going to put you down as participating as Simone told me she's ready to roll.

Thanks,
Camp

D. D.

Sep 15, 2021, 2:11:11 PM9/15/21
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
For the homebrew meeting I can share the progress I am making on the humanoid comedy show for a potential local STEAM festival.
     Thanks

camp .

Sep 15, 2021, 2:22:09 PM9/15/21
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, D. D.
For the homebrew meeting I can share the progress I am making on the humanoid comedy show for a potential local STEAM festival.

Excellent,  Damaris! Really looking forward.

- Camp

Gmail

Sep 15, 2021, 9:51:28 PM9/15/21
to camp ., hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Is there a meeting tonight?

camp .

Sep 15, 2021, 9:54:06 PM9/15/21
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, Gmail, hbrob...@googlegroups.com

camp .

Sep 17, 2021, 8:16:16 PM9/17/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
Hey Folks!
Great weekend for robot-building. We have a Challenge meeting on September 29. The work you put in this weekend is time that can be spent sleeping on Tuesday night the 28th. Get your robot, dust it off, charge it up, finish it, fix it, make it better. You have been bugged.

HBRC Challenge Phase II 2021
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PfajZTXxeZKxPwgA7

Thanks,
Camp

camp .

Sep 18, 2021, 10:00:09 PM9/18/21
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
    Alright! This is who we have so far. It's okay to volunteer at the Zoom meeting but it makes it easier to organize if you volunteer in advance. Plus it commits you. Did I miss somebody? Please let me know on or off-list.

Camp Peavy - Buggy, Rodney Jr, SmartyHead & KerBit
Damaris Davis - humanoid comedy show
Mark Johnston - DroidBot
Ralph Hipps - Bane, Blackbeard, and Reflux
Kevin Chow - Red
Sergei - SmartLab tracked platform
Scott Horton - Elsabot
Thomas Messerschmidt - Simone