How to GetMultiMap function in 1.1.1 release

mohit jain

Nov 2, 2022, 4:05:56 AM11/2/22
to Hazelcast
Hi Hazelcast team,

I have upgraded hazelcast server from 3.12.5 to 4.2.5, similarly upgraded the hazelcast client from 0.5.0 to v1.1.1 version. https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-go-client/tree/v1.1.1,  Previously I was using GetMultiMap function to get the distributed multimap instance in 0.5.0 version, but the same function is not available in the v1.1.1, so could you please guide me which function or how I can get distributed multimap instance in v1.1.1 hazelcast client.

Thanks,
Mohit

mohit jain

Nov 2, 2022, 4:07:38 AM11/2/22
to Hazelcast

modified the subject.

me...@hazelcast.com

Nov 2, 2022, 4:19:29 AM11/2/22
to Hazelcast
I see that support for multi-maps is added to the Go client in the 1.2.0 release. You should be able to use this by upgrading your client.

mohit jain

Nov 2, 2022, 4:36:28 AM11/2/22
to Hazelcast
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, just one more question I have, does 1.2.0 hazelcast client version is compatible with the hazelcast 4.2.5 server version?

me...@hazelcast.com

Nov 2, 2022, 4:51:59 AM11/2/22
to Hazelcast
Yes, it should be compatible. The clients are backward and forward-compatible, and newer clients should work with older servers (all 4.x and 5.x series). Also, I see that the latest client version is 1.3.1. You can also use this for possible bug fixes all around the client.

Yuce Tekol

Nov 2, 2022, 7:03:11 AM11/2/22
to Hazelcast
Yes, please use v1.3.1. Using an older version has no advantages. Note that you won't be able run SQL queries unless you use Hazelcast 5 or above on the server-side.