OperationTimeoutException in Hazelcast 5.2.2

Raihan Al-Ekram

Apr 26, 2023, 9:01:02 PM4/26/23
to Hazelcast
We have recently upgraded our Hazelcast platform version from 3.12.13 to 5.2.2. After the upgrade we are facing: com.hazelcast.core.OperationTimeoutException GetOperation invocation failed to complete due to operation-heartbeat-timeout.

We use a two node Hazelcast cluster. In our Java application code we use several IMaps. The exception is always happening while performing a get operation on one particular IMap. This happens around the same time a node is also performing remove operations on this IMap. It is possible that the key for both the remove and get operations are the same. The application ran fine with 3.12.13. Is there any difference between the versions that may cause this operation timeout?

ahmet mırçık

Apr 28, 2023, 2:02:34 AM4/28/23
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to have a reproducer? This seems something unexpected.

On Thu, 27 Apr 2023, 04:01 'Raihan Al-Ekram' via Hazelcast, <haze...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
We have recently upgraded our Hazelcast platform version from 3.12.13 to 5.2.2. After the upgrade we are facing: com.hazelcast.core.OperationTimeoutException GetOperation invocation failed to complete due to operation-heartbeat-timeout.

We use a two node Hazelcast cluster. In our Java application code we use several IMaps. The exception is always happening while performing a get operation on one particular IMap. This happens around the same time a node is also performing remove operations on this IMap. It is possible that the key for both the remove and get operations are the same. The application ran fine with 3.12.13. Is there any difference between the versions that may cause this operation timeout?

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Striim, Inc. and its subsidiaries. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.