spring hazelcast sessions: How to serialize Principal custom object via json based (smile)?

Rob vd boom

Nov 16, 2021, 3:33:12 AM11/16/21
to Hazelcast
Hey,

We introduced spring hazelcast sessions because of containerized application.

What we see is that the Principal Object , that is within the sessions security context, is serialized with default java serializers.

However we set a custom User object as Principal object and also have Smile (json) based serializers for this.. These serializers work where thinks are not session related, however the spring hazelcast session 'framework' do not use them..

Is there a way to use them ?
With default java serializers, do we get problems anyway when upgrading for example spring versions (since also the SecurityContext itself is not json serialized/deserialzed)..

Thanks..