hazelcast client performance

Maitrey Mehta

Aug 11, 2023, 6:09:40 AM8/11/23
to Hazelcast
Hi all,
I am new in hazelcast.
I want to cache one large table(SQL) in hazelcast cache. For this I have used client server pattern.
I have cache data in Map. It is woking fine.

We are using hazelcast sql to retrieve data.
We can get records in less than 1 second on server side.
But on client side (hazelcast-client) it takes more than 10-20 seconds every time.

How can we improve the performance of client?

As of now, client and server are both on same machine.
I am storing around 600000+ data in map.
My project is in spring framework and jar version is 5.1.7.

Thanks in advance.

Nick Pratt

Aug 15, 2023, 9:03:20 AM8/15/23
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  here are some common questions:

How many server nodes do you have in your cluster?

How are you querying for the data from the client?

What is your object structure, how is it stored and how is it serialized - did you write a custom serializer?  (What's your map configuration)

Do you need to retrieve all the fields from all records in the IMap all the time or just some subset?

What does your network connection look like between client and server (and between server nodes)?

Maitrey Mehta

Aug 16, 2023, 12:47:08 AM8/16/23
to Hazelcast

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

How many server nodes do you have in your cluster?
Currently cluster size is one.

How are you querying for the data from the client?
Query is simple. SELECT * FROM <MAP> WHERE COL1=<SOME_VALUE>
Executing through  com.hazelcast.sql.SqlService

What is your object structure, how is it stored and how is it serialized - did you write a custom serializer?  (What's your map configuration)
Object is serialized by java.io.Serializable. Not used cutom serializer.

Do you need to retrieve all the fields from all records in the IMap all the time or just some subset?
For testing purpose all the records but majorly we will make subset.

What does your network connection look like between client and server (and between server nodes)?
Currently I am running my instance in local machine client and server both.

Maitrey Mehta

Aug 28, 2023, 4:40:19 AM8/28/23
to Hazelcast
This issue has been solved.
I had used compact serialization. It had reduce the size of data.
I was using default serialization which takes more space to store data.