Hazelcast in low latency scenarios

Anup Agrawal

Sep 1, 2022, 2:21:11 AM9/1/22
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sancar,

Is there any enterprise offering of hazelcast which can ship the data under few micros at 99.9 percentile. We need near zero gc implementation.

Our end to end latency is in 1 ms which includes 100s of data lookup and further logic.

Regards,
Anup
On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, Anup Agrawal <anup.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sancar,

I am testing rolling upgrade scenario and cache become unresonsive for around 3 minutes during rolling upgrade. I observed that query doesn't failover to other running member. I used following properties to improve the situation and need your inputs if i run into other failure scenarios:

client properties:

"hazelcast.client.invocation.timeout.seconds" = 10;
"hazelcast.client.heartbeat.timeout" = 5000;
"hazelcast.client.heartbeat.interval" = 1000;

member properties:

"hazelcast.max.no.heartbeat.seconds" =20;
"hazelcast.client.heartbeat.timeout" =5000;
"hazelcast.client.heartbeat.interval" =1000;
"hazelcast.member.list.publish.interval.seconds" =10;
"hazelcast.client.invocation.timeout.seconds" =10;

I can see lots of disconnection logs. I also saw failover happening to other member when invocation timeout in 10 seconds.  I have seen some request timeouts which didn't occur before.

Pls. someone throw some light if above configuration is good?

Regards,
Anup

Neil Stevenson

Sep 20, 2022, 6:54:40 AM9/20/22
to Hazelcast
 If you're interested in the Enterprise version of Hazelcast, try the "Contact" button on https://hazelcast.com/

 The HD (off-heap) implementation is designed specifically to alleviate GC issues

Neil