Hazelcast Async Methods Performance in Sync App

Sean Cummins

Jul 7, 2022, 5:04:17 AM7/7/22
to Hazelcast
Hey,
I was wondering if any one has any experience with using hazelcasts async methods in a sync app and their their experience with performance.
I have an app that I am working on which due to its architecture we are limited to the application methods being sync which means we have to wait for the async response from hazelcast before proceeding. This leads to context switching under high concurrency and is resource bound. We have implemented another distributed caching solution and have used the sync methods and async method and found that the async method produce a similar result but the sync methods produce a far greater performance output.
Has anyone else had similar issues? Would there be interest in the community to support sync method in hazelcast for legacy apps?

Nick Pratt

Jul 7, 2022, 8:48:51 AM7/7/22
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Im not sure I follow what you're asking.  Which methods are you using?  IMap.put() and IMap.get() block don't they?