Hazelcast Embedded Cache Expiry Issue

Sheela Yedlapalli

Mar 29, 2023, 2:42:43 PM3/29/23
to Hazelcast

All,

We are using embedded version of Hazelcast 5.2.1. In our AKS production we are noticing that when a cluster is restarted sometimes there are members with partitions containing entries that are not expiring at all inspite of having both eviction and expiry policies defined on the maps.

Our current eviction policy is: MaxSizePolicy.PER_NODE and Max Size is defined to be 10000. And expiry policy is with ttl as 10 minutes and maxIdleSeconds as 5 minutes.

Can you please advise if anyone has been encountering this issue?

We would like to know how to ensure that all the entries are evicted either based on expiry or max size policies?

And also would like to know if there is a way to iterate through all the maps that exist in the cluster , check the partitions are not stale.

Greatly appreciate help on this