Can Hazelcast restrict the number of concurrent session for the same user?

Jonay Rodríguez

Sep 7, 2017, 4:39:29 AM9/7/17
to Hazelcast
Hi guys,

I've configured a cluster environment using Hazelcast as distributed session management and I would like to know if Hazelcast comes with the ability of restricting the number of session for the same user.
I did that using Spring, just configuring the SessionRegistry (maximumSessions=1), but that only works if I'm hitting the same node (Tomcat Server) because every server has its own SessionRegistry.
I would have to apply this feature across all nodes, so I wonder if Hazelcast could handle it.

Thanks.

Emre Aydın

Sep 7, 2017, 5:46:00 AM9/7/17
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonay,

hazelcast-wm currently doesn't have such as a feature. You can implement it yourself by using Map listeners (http://docs.hazelcast.org/docs/3.8.3/manual/html-single/index.html#listening-for-map-events) on the configured map for hazelcast-wm ('map-name' on https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-wm#setting-up-session-clustering)

Cheers,

Emre

Adam Rusniak