hazelcast 5: EOFExceptions in log ?

rob van der boom

Aug 30, 2022, 1:30:45 AM8/30/22
to Hazelcast
hey,

we upgraded from hazelcast 4.2 to 5.1.3, everything seems to work fine but we
see lots of EOFExceptions in logfile, what could this mean ?

the log messages only shows 2 different line numbers:

Aug 30 07:25:21 hazelcast02 java[4519]: [29836.787s][info   ][stacktrace              ] java.io.EOFException, 35

Aug 30 07:25:21 hazelcast02 java[4519]: [29836.794s][info   ][stacktrace              ] java.io.EOFException, 28

Neil Stevenson

Sep 1, 2022, 9:00:04 AM9/1/22
to Hazelcast
 Is there any more detail you can share ?  Such as the package/class producing the message ?

 I'd expect it to be com.hazelcast.xxxsomethingxxx

rob van der boom

Sep 1, 2022, 9:01:42 AM9/1/22
to Hazelcast
mm no this is all, nothing more, so difficult to see what the cause is..

Neil Stevenson

Sep 2, 2022, 10:31:32 AM9/2/22
to haze...@googlegroups.com
 What might "29836.794s" mean here ?

 Is it 29836 seconds ?  Has the process been running that long (8.25 days)

 We have in the past seen firewall closing idle ports, and while that would be unconnected with moving from 4.2 to 5.1.3, it's possible that additional logging was added in the newer release

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individuals named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. -Hazelcast

Rob vd boom

Sep 2, 2022, 1:42:01 PM9/2/22
to Hazelcast

no its the time since server is started, its the stamp for every log message.
since upgrade 4.2 to 5.1.3 its starts ligging relative in stead of absolete time in 4.2..
need to change this in configuration somewhere…