Slow operation within ReadWithPartitionIteratorP

vladc...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2020, 2:43:17 AM4/5/20
to hazelcast-jet
Hi,
We occasionally experience very slow batch jobs and the only problem I noticed in Hazelcast diagnostics is a slow operation when doing
ReadWithPartitionIteratorP.java:127 (which seems to use MapFetchWithQueryOperation)
Full stack trace attached as an image. Also, I see that Hz InvocationMonitor sometimes complains about backup-timeouts.

Any idea what could be slowing down the iterator? Note that we're using Hazelcast Jet 0.7.2

Thanks,
Martin

IFU 7X Slow op.png

Can Gencer

Apr 6, 2020, 7:36:19 AM4/6/20
to hazelcast-jet
Is your cluster stable during these events (nodes being added/removed?)

Are you using predicates?

vladc...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2020, 10:06:46 AM4/6/20
to hazelcast-jet
Using Predicates.alwaysTrue(). The cluster looks more or less stable, but the specific node manifest backup operation timeouts.

Can Gencer

Apr 7, 2020, 9:05:32 AM4/7/20
to vladc...@gmail.com, hazelcast-jet
Hi,

Is this the same problem you mentioned on the hazelcast group, or a different one specific to Jet?

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individuals named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. -Hazelcast

vladc...@gmail.com