Clean resources used by a Job

yann.b...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2018, 3:26:53 PM12/3/18
to hazelcast-jet
Hello all ! Yes me, again. :)

I'm continuing my study of Jet for true life processes.

Then I was thinking about allocated resources.

If in my process I fill a file Sink but also a Map Sink (in aim to join it after with another batchSource). And if the job fail, what about the Map ? Do I have to clean it manually ?

Also, is there a way, for example to process 15 files in the same time, filling also maps, then, at the end of the reading of all the file execute a 2d part of the job to do hasJoins between some of my Maps ?

Thanks and regards :)

vil...@hazelcast.com

Dec 4, 2018, 1:56:55 AM12/4/18
to hazelcast-jet
Hello,

Jet's built-in sinks don't clean up the external structures in case of failure. If it's a batch job, you'll probably restart it. In that case it's more robust to clean the target map before starting the job instead of trying to do so on failure, but you have to do that manually.

Viliam