Heaps : Invalid Data when loading a PNG as a Tile

Johanny

Oct 10, 2014, 5:32:15 AM10/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I recently met Heaps and decided to give it a try.

But I can't use a PNG image I drew on GIMP. An "Invalid Data" error show up at runtime when I try to load the PNG as a Tile.
You can find a project that produce the bug linked to this post.

Do you have the same bug with this image? Can you say from where it come from?

Thanks in advance,

Johanny
PNG Demo.zip

Nicolas Cannasse

Oct 10, 2014, 8:12:40 AM10/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
There's been similar reports, have you updated the library "format" to
the latest version ?

Best,
Nicolas

Johanny

Oct 10, 2014, 10:39:20 AM10/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I've just ran "haxelib upgrade" and the only thing that update is Heaps.
So yes, format is up to date.

Another piece of information : the bug occur only with Gimp's "Autocropped" PNG.

Johanny

Gabriel Hallé

Oct 10, 2014, 3:27:12 PM10/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I tried running your demo, the invalid data error is fixed in the git version of format (haxelib git format https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/format)

But there's a new error: Invalid filter 198
line 601 format/png/Tools.hx

I'm not sure how to fix it but hopefully this information can help Nicolas fix your issue.

Nicolas Cannasse

Oct 12, 2014, 5:00:28 PM10/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 10/10/2014 11:32, Johanny a écrit :
Could you submit an issue so I don't forget to look at it ?
It should be on http://github.com/HaxeFoundation/format which handles
PNG decoding

Best,
Nicolas