Getting Dox to ignore explicitly defined @private variables/methods

Peter Stefcek

May 24, 2014, 1:18:52 PM5/24/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I am not sure if this is possible. In JavaDoc we are able to define any variable or method as @private so it will be ignored by the documentation generator but running similarly tagged code through Dox will not omit them. Is this something not supported by Dox or is there a different tag for it? Is it something that can be easily added if its not supported out of the box? I used chxdoc a lot and even there I had to add it to support such explicitly defined private variables/methods, but since that project is abandoned I would like to switch to Dox.

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Simon Krajewski

May 24, 2014, 2:34:35 PM5/24/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

I think it is something like @:dox(hide).

On 24 May 2014 19:18, "Peter Stefcek" <psh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys, I am not sure if this is possible. In JavaDoc we are able to define any variable or method as @private so it will be ignored by the documentation generator but running similarly tagged code through Dox will not omit them. Is this something not supported by Dox or is there a different tag for it? Is it something that can be easily added if its not supported out of the box? I used chxdoc a lot and even there I had to add it to support such explicitly defined private variables/methods, but since that project is abandoned I would like to switch to Dox.

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Peter Stefcek

May 24, 2014, 2:39:39 PM5/24/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks just tried but doesn't work for either variables or methods :(

Jason O'Neil

May 25, 2014, 10:51:50 PM5/25/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

It does work for me, in case there is confusion that is Haxe metadata Simon pointed out, not a documentation parameter.

For example, this works for me:

    @:dox(hide)
    public static function buildAFLViewForStudent(student:Student) {}

Hope that helps

Peter Stefcek

May 27, 2014, 6:28:23 AM5/27/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, he...@jasono.co
Do I need some specific run parameter for it to work? Since it simply doesn't work for me.

Here is the code:

Here is the generated xml, seems everything is allright:

But its right there in the generated doc:

Peter Stefcek

May 27, 2014, 7:19:56 AM5/27/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, he...@jasono.co
Ok guys the problem was that I was installing dox using haxelib install dox which obviously contains some old sources. So installed it using haxelib git and it works as expected with the latest sources.

Thanks.