xcross for Haxe 3 and Neko 2

Sami Habib

Dec 3, 2013, 7:27:18 PM12/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
(Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, if it isn't please say where I should ask this.)

I discovered xcross a while ago and figured it would be handy, not only for compiling for other operating systems, but also so that I can distribute my applications as a single executable. The problem is that the version on haxelib appears very outdated, and when I try to run a program made by it I get "Uncaught exception - std@module_read". The Haxe classes are also for Haxe 2 (e.g. using callback() instead of func.bind()).

I've seen that some bits have been updated relatively recently at the Google Code repository (here), but they would be easier to install and use via haxelib. So yeah, could the changes be put in a new version on haxelib? Or are those changes still not sufficient for the current versions of Haxe and Neko? Maybe someone knows an alternative?

Nicolas Cannasse

Dec 4, 2013, 3:42:30 AM12/4/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 04/12/2013 01:27, Sami Habib a �crit :
> (Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, if it isn't please
> say where I should ask this.)
>
> I discovered xcross a while ago and figured it would be handy, not only
> for compiling for other operating systems, but also so that I can
> distribute my applications as a single executable. The problem is that
> the version on haxelib appears very outdated, and when I try to run a
> program made by it I get "Uncaught exception - std@module_read". The
> Haxe classes are also for Haxe 2 (e.g. using callback() instead of
> func.bind()).
>
> I've seen that some bits have been updated relatively recently at the
> Google Code repository (here <http://code.google.com/p/xcross/>), but
> they would be easier to install and use via haxelib. So yeah, could the
> changes be put in a new version on haxelib? Or are those changes still
> not sufficient for the current versions of Haxe and Neko? Maybe someone
> knows an alternative?

Hi,

Yes, xcross have not been recompiled with Neko 2.0, and I don't have
time to do it atm. You can simply recompile it in order to make it
compatible.

Best,
Nicolas

Sami Habib

Dec 4, 2013, 7:12:52 PM12/4/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 21:42:30 UTC+13, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
Hi,

Yes, xcross have not been recompiled with Neko 2.0, and I don't have
time to do it atm. You can simply recompile it in order to make it
compatible.

Best,
Nicolas

Ah, right. I followed the instructions on the wiki: I downloaded the neko source, downloaded xcross into the libs directory, and opened xcross.sln. I tried compiling it, but it fails to build. This seems to be the only issue:

f:\sami\development\neko\neko\libs\std\md5.c(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sha1.h': No such file or directory

I'm really bad with C and all this so I have no idea what to do. The instructions said to use VS .NET 2003 but I can't find it, so I'm using VS C++ 2010 Express, maybe this is an issue? I'd be super grateful if someone could just compile this for me.