DCI in Haxe?

Cambiata

Dec 7, 2012, 6:45:51 AM12/7/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious about the DCI (Data Context Interaction) pattern.
Has anyone experimented with this in Haxe?

Been googlin' for AS3 DCI stuff, and there is veryl little around.
And they don't have mixins or macros - I guess those features could play a significant role here...

Some DCI links:
http://www.leansoftwarearchitecture.com/home/dci-tutorials
http://fulloo.info/Documents/

/ Jonas

Laurence Taylor

Dec 7, 2012, 11:39:12 AM12/7/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Looked into this, Abstract Types, or Traits (which are similar, perhaps the same, anyone?) provide the nuts and bolts for Roles,
see here, and that's coming with Haxe 3. Traits can be seen as typed mixins.

regards,
Laurence

Raoul Duke

Dec 7, 2012, 12:11:54 PM12/7/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
the buzz so far is that scala's traits aren't a right fit for dci role
mapping type stuff, and so people had written it off as a good
language for it, but now with new scala macros people are trying
again.