StablexUI without OpenFL? (pure Haxe/Flash)

PSvils

Feb 13, 2014, 7:29:54 AM2/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the StablexUI codebase, it seems that the only real dependency on OpenFL is its Assets class.

I was wondering, if it's possible to use StablexUI in a haxe/Flash project, and overriding the stablex.Assets class to load assets in a different way? I tried that, but so far I'm getting lots of issues with macros, starting with inline event listeners in xml not working, now to some mysterious errors, in which case, in what other areas is StablexUI based on OpenFL?

P.

Alexander Kuzmenko

Feb 13, 2014, 1:27:38 PM2/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to take any special actions to use it without OpenFL.
If you are not using openfl then ru.stablex.Assetes.getBitmapData() will always return null unless you redefine it (all methods in this class are dynamic)

relaxx lastname

Feb 16, 2014, 11:19:41 PM2/16/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
What about possibility to use StablexUI without OpenFl on other target platforms (HTML for example?)
Maybe this part is planned for future?

For now I see that StablexUI library depends on DisplayObject class which is not available anywhere except Flash.
It will be great if we will be able to use StablexUI with other frameworks (like Flambe, for example) targeting JS/HTML platform.

Alexander Kuzmenko

Feb 17, 2014, 2:39:18 AM2/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It's a planned feature. But it will happen in far future, because i'm having difficulties getting free time atm :)
I did some experiments with custom backends for StablexUI (e.g. using starling instead of flash display list:  http://ui.stablex.ru/demo/starling/), so it's completely possible.

relaxx lastname

Feb 17, 2014, 2:47:28 AM2/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is source of this example available somewhere for reference?
At this moment im evaluating the possibility to port Stablex code to work with Flambe's component/entity system without using Flash API.
Looking into this sample will help a lot.

Alexander Kuzmenko

Feb 17, 2014, 2:52:55 AM2/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It's just a draft, but you can look into "abstract-backend" branch on github. https://github.com/RealyUniqueName/StablexUI/tree/abstract-backend/samples/starling

PSvils

Feb 17, 2014, 9:15:51 AM2/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'll mark this as complete, since I seem to understand what went wrong in my transition now! :)

And a Starling back-end would be super nice!