Haxe using external SWC and compiling to SWC

Peter Stefcek

Jul 12, 2014, 9:08:44 AM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I have this problem for quite some time and finally I decided to ask as I didn't find any information about this. I am aware of the limitations using SWC inside Haxe especilly Haxe produced SWCs but this isn't the case.

I have a simple SWC build using AS3 containing just a single class, now I use it inside Haxe project without a problem however if I compile my project to SWC to be used back in AS3 the SWC's catalog doesn't contain the external SWC class definition so I have to manually edit the catalog file and add the definition from the used SWC. So the question is why can't Haxe add this definition when compiling to SWC as it should be aware of it since its used without a problem.

Thanks.

Nicolas Cannasse

Jul 13, 2014, 12:22:12 PM7/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
My guess it that extern definitions are not part of the SWC catalog,
this would require to make the difference between "linked" externs and
"real" externs (part of the flash runtime or from the SWF loader for
instance). Please open an issue if you wish to have this addressed.

Best,
Nicolas