Spine / SpineHaxe with SnowKit / Luxe ?

theRemix

Jan 15, 2015, 3:06:17 AM1/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Can SpineHaxe https://github.com/bendmorris/spinehaxe run with / on Snow and Luxe ?

Sven Bergström

Jan 15, 2015, 11:15:51 PM1/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It seems to be using flash-like API's (BitmapData etc) so in short, no.
Even if it wasn't, it would require some work to connect the data to the rendering, so it wouldn't "just work" out of the box unless it's purpose was simply a parser of sorts.

p.s: The luxe community is at http://snowkit.org,
not here the haxe language mailing list. This is especially important during alpha, I appreciate it :)

theRemix

Jan 16, 2015, 1:42:13 PM1/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
thanks Sven. i'll check out the luxe community.
Message has been deleted

Ben Morris

Feb 6, 2015, 3:12:20 PM2/6/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, author here. There are two parts of spinehaxe which are separate: the Spine runtime, which loads the animation data, moves the parts around, etc. and the renderer/image loader. The runtime code in spinehaxe is not dependent on OpenFL. BitmapData is only used in the OpenFL specific portions (the image loader and renderer.)

So to use this with Snow/Luxe, you'd have to re-implement rendering and the image loader (see the OpenFL versions or the HaxePunk/HaxeFlixel renderers for samples) but it is definitely doable.

I believe some devs are using spinehaxe with Flambe as well, so that proves that it can be done.

Tom Wilson

Apr 17, 2016, 10:25:56 AM4/17/16
to Haxe
Did you get anywhere with this?
I'm looking for any interpreter (Spine, DragonBones, Spriter) for Luxe. The amount of work to port any of these is something I'd REALLY like to avoid.

JLM

Apr 18, 2016, 9:34:10 AM4/18/16
to Haxe
It might be worth looking at
https://github.com/azrafe7/hxPixels
to provide cross framework pixel support if you could abstract the current SpineHaxe to use something like hxPixels with Openfl ( so hide the direct dependancy behind hxPixel abstraction ) it would be really a good first step.  As for efficient rendering of triangles perhaps it's not so simple as Openfl and Luxe are very different in this respect, there is some support for drawing here but I doubt it's very efficient or complete for your needs, but may give you ideas.
https://github.com/hxDaedalus/hxDaedalus/blob/master/src/wings/luxe/SimpleDrawingContext.hx
https://github.com/hxDaedalus/hxDaedalus-luxe-examples/blob/master/hxDaedalus-Luxe-Examples/04-BitmapPathfinding/src/Main.hx#L46
I am not sure if my comments are useful but perhaps certainly flambe and luxe drawing are more similar that luxe and openfl so any stuff on flambe may give a lot of clues.