Opening a URL on the browser?

Shedo

Jan 3, 2015, 12:49:53 PM1/3/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

What should I use to make my haxe application open a link in the default browser set in the system? I'm currently concerned with doing this for Windows but would be glad if there's a multi-platform approach to do it.

Ian Harrigan

Jan 3, 2015, 1:03:28 PM1/3/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
openfl.Lib.getURL(new URLRequest(url));

works fine (assuming you are using openfl), not sure what it doing under the hood, but if you are using openfl then it works just fine.

Cheers,
Ian

Justin L Mills

Jan 3, 2015, 1:36:33 PM1/3/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On 03/01/2015 18:03, Ian Harrigan wrote:
openfl.Lib.getURL(new URLRequest(url));

works fine (assuming you are using openfl), not sure what it doing under the hood, but if you are using openfl then it works just fine.

Ian Harrigan

Jan 3, 2015, 1:55:20 PM1/3/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, but openfl.lib.getURL opens a browser rather than makes a http request for you to process. At leas thats how i understand it.

Shedo

Jan 3, 2015, 1:57:45 PM1/3/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Just what I needed, thanks!