What are neko_vm_custom() and neko_vm_set_custom() for?

Milla Von Weiss

Nov 17, 2015, 6:57:37 AM11/17/15
to Haxe

Hi there! I am embedding Neko VM into my desktop application.

I did a lot of searching, but I am still unable to find out any helpful information regarding these 2 functions, which are declared in the neko_vm.h:

void *neko_vm_custom( neko_vm *vm, vkind k );
void neko_vm_set_custom( neko_vm *vm, vkind k, void *v );

What are these functions for?

Adrian Veith

Nov 17, 2015, 12:21:47 PM11/17/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can use it, to link some custom data structure defined by vkind to your virtual machine - something like a custom context the vm is running in. you will need this if you have native function which need to access this context.

best Adrian.