Haxe Developer Needed - Web Game

Interactive Monster

Jan 19, 2016, 9:19:36 AM1/19/16
to Haxe
We are currently looking for a Haxe developer with experience using OpenFL or Flambe and exporting to both SWF and HTML5. Knowledge of Nape or a similar library is a big plus.  The product is an online game for a very high profile client, so samples of Flash/HTML5 games are a must.  This assignment is completely off-site, so you can set your own hours as needed, but we expect availability for Skype calls at least once a week on US Eastern/New York time.

We are expecting to kick-off within the next few weeks, so please respond as soon as possible with:
  • A brief paragraph about yourself, particularly your experience with Haxe, OpenFL or Flambe, and why you prefer to work with one or the other.  Please include your availability between January and May (2016).
  • Links to Flash and HTML5 examples that have been exported from the same code base.
Please feel free to include any other information that you think is important, however, without the above two items, we cannot consider you for the position.

Chris Anderson

Jan 19, 2016, 10:54:20 AM1/19/16
to Haxe
Hi my name is Chris Anderson.  I tend to haunt the Haxe google group to learn and rarely post a question.  I'd be interested but would have to cobble together some demos.  My full time job required Flex and Angular building applications for the DOD (NavAir, Boeing etc) but I've been testing the waters for mobile gaming using Haxe in my free time.  I have some really small demos I might be able to push from NME and possibly OpenFL.  The latest tests were using Flambe.

I wonder how deep of a demo would you want to see?

I live on the US east coast in Summer Haven FL so we'd be in the same timezone.

Here's a somewhat stale version of my resume @ http://www.liveswf.com/.  I'm actively working to update the info there and am actually working on a google Polymer and Haxe to demo my ability to build Web Apps.  But I planned to also put up Haxe demos for gaming as well.

Appreciate the consideration.

Cam Heikkinen

Jan 19, 2016, 12:49:22 PM1/19/16
to Haxe
Hey,

Currently I spend my days in WordPress and Unity, but I used to work for an agency that created games in Flash and then Haxe (specifically Flambe). I worked on all aspects of the project and exported many character animations with Flump. I've worked a few different Haxe games in the past. Here's the latest game I created for Nickelodeon. The client never published the flash version, but I have it locally if you'd like to see it.

I'm available from now until May.

Interactive Monster

Jan 20, 2016, 9:49:56 AM1/20/16
to Haxe

Hi Cam!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Can you send me your contact info: email, phone, url?  You sound like a good fit for the project so I'd like to send you a little more info.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Interactive Monster

Jan 20, 2016, 9:51:07 AM1/20/16