Intellij Idea now works in opensource version

Chris D

Sep 1, 2013, 12:39:09 AM9/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Gday, just wanted to plug Intellij Idea's Haxe plugin again since it is now available to use in their free "Community Edition".
OpenFL compilation is also now fixed and I renamed the annoying haXe to the official Haxe case.

To use it you need to download their latest EAP builds from here http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IDEADEV/IDEA+13+EAP
Note that Ultimate version is their paid for version which includes the Flex debugger support.

The plugin although great for general use, still requires some Java / Lexer Gurus to support all of the Haxe syntax and fix some outstanding issues with compiler conditionals etc.
https://github.com/JetBrains/intellij-haxe

Jetbrains uses their youtrack issue tracker:
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues?q=%23Haxe

I think its well worth the investment for Haxe community to help out if they can to help get adopters. Idea has positioned itself as the key Android IDE with Google IO http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/studio.html

Cheers.

ReDrUmNZ

Sep 2, 2013, 6:27:45 AM9/2/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com