Class not found : js.html.DOMWindow

Josh Brown

Mar 9, 2015, 6:18:05 AM3/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, new Haxe user here!

I am using frabbit's 'angular.haxe' library version 0,0,4, however I can't get the haxe compiler to use it - it throws an error when I try and export to js;

flow / build - running haxe ...
/usr/lib/haxelib/angular,haxe/0,0,4/src/angular/Angular.hx:12: characters 7-24 : Class not found : js.html.DOMWindow
src
/Main.hx:8: lines 8-12 : Defined in this class

Main.hx simply imports the angular.Angular class and creates a new instance.

I couldn't work out why the DOMWindow class wouldn't compile. I thought it was more a haxe issue as the class it's erroring at is part of the haxe standard library.

What could cause this sort of behaviour?

Thanks!

Heinz Hölzer

Mar 9, 2015, 7:24:31 AM3/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
hi josh,

i submitted a new version which should work with latest builds of the compiler. You can watch the git repository for further changes - https://github.com/frabbit/angular.haxe.
The readme file on github is updated, too. Please let me know if you still have problems, the best way is to open an issue on github for bugs like this.

best,

Heinz Hölzer

Mar 9, 2015, 7:45:43 AM3/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
btw. the source of the problem is that js.html.DOMWindow changed to just js.html.Window

Josh Brown

Mar 9, 2015, 8:36:10 AM3/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Heinz,

Thanks very much, works well :)
Yes I have that repository starred but I will subscribe to email updates!

I was confused by this error because the haxe api reference http://api.haxe.org/js/html/DOMWindow.html showed that class available - can the public submit notes on the api?

Regards,

Josh

Heinz Hölzer

Mar 9, 2015, 8:48:07 AM3/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
publishing a versioned documentation of the api is almost done by the compiler team, but not yet online. But this should change with 3.2 in the next couple of days/weeks.

Heinz Hölzer

Mar 9, 2015, 8:49:22 AM3/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
hi Josh,

i don't think that you can add notes to the api at the moment.

best,