Call for examples of well tested code in Haxe

Adam Harte

May 5, 2014, 12:27:15 AM5/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to find some examples of code testing in open source Haxe projects without too much luck.

Does anyone have any links to a well tested open source project built with Haxe. I am mainly looking for my own personal interest, as I have a project that could benefit from unit, functional, and integration tests. A range of different projects would be great as a bit of research.

ScrambledRK

May 5, 2014, 2:14:42 AM5/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I am using https://github.com/massiveinteractive/MassiveUnit for Unit-Tests, just because its relative easy to setup the tests.
I would imagine that Haxe itself or OpenFL has some heavy testing going on, you could take a look at their repositories.

Justin Donaldson

May 5, 2014, 3:21:53 AM5/5/14
to Haxe
If you're doing testing with travis, you should definitely check out travis-ci:

and Andy's post on how to set up multi-platform testing with haxe on travis:
http://blog.onthewings.net/2013/03/19/automated-unit-testing-for-haxe-project-using-travis-ci/

Since you mention integration tests, I'm assuming you're working with production code.  However, for simpler functional/unit tests on open source projects travis is really helpful for tracking problems with multi-target code.

The best I've done in this regard is to set up a build matrix for several platforms on travis for one of my libraries, with a couple dozen functional tests: