OpenFL Windows Compatibility survey

Lars Doucet

Nov 23, 2015, 4:02:01 PM11/23/15
to Haxe
Hey everyone!

I've made it my personal project to diagnose as many compatibility issues in Lime+OpenFL as I can and make sure they get properly patched/fixed/maintained. If you have a spare moment and a windows machine, I'd appreciate your help running some quick tests, all you have to do is double click a few files and report your results.

I'll eventually do a similar thing for Mac, Linux, and HTML5+WebGL.

Philippe Elsass

Nov 23, 2015, 4:25:14 PM11/23/15
to Haxe
Why not just use ANGLE systematically on Win?

Philippe

Lars Doucet

Nov 24, 2015, 9:25:22 AM11/24/15
to Haxe
I'd definitely like to use ANGLE everywhere, right now we're running into a particular error just with Windows XP users:

"The procedure entry point strnlen could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

If I can crack that we'll probably switch to ANGLE everywhere on windows, once we've done the proper regression testing. For now this was an experiment to see if I could get a workaround good enough to ship some of my own stuff in the next week while we continue to improve the foundation long term.

chunbiao huang

Nov 27, 2015, 2:59:31 AM11/27/15
to haxelang
win 7 opengl is  error