Build halted with errors (need help)

Dan B

Dec 30, 2015, 10:04:12 PM12/30/15
to Haxe
Hello everyone, I need some help. Whenever I try to make a new OpenFL project through FlashDevelop, I cannot compile the project, even if I didn't edit anything. The output reads:

[31;1mError: [0m [1mThe specified target path "C:\app\sdks\haxe\3.0.0\haxe\" does not exist [0m

Running process: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe "C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\HaxeProjects\projectTEST\projectTEST.hxproj" -ipc 41a29e66-0a4c-44dc-9270-799facb11cd8 -version "3.2.1" -compiler "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe" -notrace -library "C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library" -target "windows"
Building projectTEST
haxe  -lib nme -cp src -main Main
src/Main.hx:3: characters 7-28 : Type not found : openfl.display.Sprite
Build halted with errors (haxe.exe).
Done(1)

My old Haxe directory used to be "C:\app\sdks\haxe\3.0.0\haxe\", but I've since then updated it to "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\", so I don't know why that is showing up. Also, as you can see the build is stopped with errors. I'd appreciate any help on the matter, thanks.

Philippe Elsass

Jan 1, 2016, 7:09:29 AM1/1/16
to Haxe
You have something wrong in your configuration because FD should not run `haxe -lib nme -cp src -main Main` but `haxelib run lime build "project.xml" windows`
What's your version of FD?
If FD is up to date, verify the Project properties - it should be:
- Output > Platform "Lime", Compilation Target "Custom Build"
- Build > Pre-build: `"$(CompilerPath)/haxelib" run lime build "$(OutputFile)" $(TargetBuild) -$(BuildConfig) -Dfdb`

FD seem to be using the right SDK but you may want to verify that the OpenFl is correctly setup.
Always try building your project from the command line: open a command prompt in your project and type `haxelib run lime build "project.xml" windows`

Philippe

Philippe
Message has been deleted

Dan B

Jan 2, 2016, 12:32:42 PM1/2/16
to Haxe
It seems to be working better now, but not quite fixed. My output now reads:

Running process: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe "C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\HaxeProjects\projectTEST\projectTEST.hxproj" -ipc dda11c0f-c284-4d42-b05e-863b6d178520 -version "3.2.1" -compiler "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe" -notrace -library "C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library" -target "windows"
Building projectTEST
Running Pre-Build Command Line...
cmd: "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe/haxelib" run lime build "project.xml" windows -release -Dfdb

[31;1mError: [0m [1mThe specified target path "C:\app\sdks\haxe\3.0.0\haxe\" does not exist [0m
Build halted with errors.
Done(1)

I tried running in the command prompt as well, still get the same error "
[31;1mError: [0m [1mThe specified target path "C:\app\sdks\haxe\3.0.0\haxe\" does not exist [0m"

This was my old Haxe directory, I don't know why it is showing up because my new one is "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\"
Thank you for the help so far.

Philippe Elsass

Jan 3, 2016, 10:03:02 AM1/3/16
to Haxe

Look for (and delete) other Haxe-related configuration (at the root of your user directory) and environment variables (like STD PATH).

Dan B

Jan 3, 2016, 11:58:42 AM1/3/16
to Haxe
Thank you for all the help, Haxe and HaxeFlixel seem to be working correctly now. It did take a while to build the project for the first time, but now it is working fine.
Output if you are interested:

Build succeeded
Done(0)
haxelib run lime run "Project.xml" windows -release
Running process: C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\haxelib.exe run lime run "Project.xml" windows -release
Done(0)

Philippe Elsass

Jan 3, 2016, 1:59:17 PM1/3/16
to Haxe

Maybe you can tell what you had to fix.

Dan B

Jan 3, 2016, 2:44:53 PM1/3/16
to Haxe
Of course, all I did was follow your instructions. I deleted all the files that had anything to do with Haxe from the root of my user directory (C:\Users\Daniel\)
I did not change any environment variables, they were already set under the correct Haxe/Neko directories (C:\HaxeToolkit\etc....)
The files I deleted from my user folder were:

.com.zerog.registry.xml
.haxelib
haxelib
.hxcpp_config.xml
compile_results.log
ntuser.ini
ntuser.pol
Thumbs.db
.gitconfig
mm.cfg
update.hxml.sav

Not sure if all of them were related to the problem, but some definitely were. Thanks for all the help once again.