Waxe on Windows/Neko - Non-Ascii character debug alert

Cambiata

Oct 9, 2012, 9:08:45 AM10/9/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hugh and others!

When using non-ascii characters in a Waxe app compiled for neko or windows, I get the following runtime message in an Alert box:

..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1193): assert "c < 0x80" failed in wxString::FromAscii(): Non-ASCII value passed to FromAscii()

The alert lets me cancel to suppress further warnings, and after doing so the program runs as expected.
Is there a way to switch off/remove this alert?

/ Jonas

Andreas Mokros

Oct 9, 2012, 11:11:52 AM10/9/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 06:08:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cambiata <jona...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1193): assert "c < 0x80" failed in
> wxString::FromAscii(): Non-ASCII value passed to FromAscii()

I remember I modified HaxeAPI.cpp to use:
wxString::FromUTF8
instead of:
wxString::FromAscii
That might help...